Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Party like it's 1897

Yeah apparently there hasn't been an earthquake originating in Virginia of this magnitude in about 114 years, so ... wahoo?

I was on the 11th floor of my office building so I definitely felt something, but I honestly thought with all the people moving into the building this week someone had just dropped something heavy. Then next thing I know everyone's evacuating. I heard someone say they were glad they weren't in an elevator when it happened but all I could think to that was that the elevators in this building are such rattling garbage traps anyway that if I had been in one during the tremor I definitely wouldn't have noticed a thing.

I'm fine, my wife checked ina nd let me know she and the kids are fine, everything's fine. Bit of an odd day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment