Monday, September 16, 2013

Stupid busy

I thought I was in good shape regarding my big (stupid, annoying) project at work because things have at least progressed to the point where all of my user-colleagues can in fact use the new version of the system, and the only work left to do involves backfilling the data that was generated offline during the transition period. That falls on me, and it's eye-wateringly tedious, but I can slog through it.

Then today I found out that the boss-of-all-bosses is expecting a report on our metrics by the end of the quarter/year, which is in two weeks. And all the offline data needs to be in the system by then, so that analytics can be generated.

I was thinking the backfilling would take me four, maybe six weeks. I now need to accelerate that timeline quite a bit.

So yeah, that's what I was grappling with today. More interesting subject matter tomorrow (hopefully, time permitting, blah blah blah).

No comments:

Post a Comment