Friday, November 9, 2012

On my way out to the door

It's a boy! I meant to update yesterday's post yesterday evening, but meaning to do something and actually having the time to go ahead and do it are pretty alienated concepts for me these days. But yes, the ultrasound appointment went really well, the baby was healthy in every way, including an apparently robust self-esteem and ease with his own body which precluded any shyness whatsoever about letting us know he is totally a he. My wife and I marveled at how far ultrasound technology has come in only five years, to the point now where the technician was pointing things out to us like the baby's well-developed diaphragm, clear as anything on the screen. Neato.

Anyway, there's nothing like a full five-day workweek to make you lose track of time, and/or leave you fairly spent and out of things to say by Friday. And the office is closing a little on the early side today because of the long Veteran's day weekend. Don't worry, I'll be here a'bloggin' on Monday because it's a federal-only holiday, but I do have some things to get done for my government colleagues before they all stampede for the doors in a very short while.

So excuse the short and rushed post, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment