Monday, December 7, 2009

Also there were some televised football matches this weekend

If you had asked me on Saturday whether or not the Raiders could beat the Steelers on Sunday, or the Giants could edge the Cowboys, I would have answered "no chance" to the former and "I'd like to think so, but I doubt it" to the latter. In fact if you had asked me to bet on those particular sports outcomes (as the commish of our football pick'em pool in essence did) I would (and did) pick Pittsburgh and Dallas for big wins.

So there was a mixture of sadness and happiness in our house yesterday as the Steelers inexplicably lost their fourth in a row and the Giants managed to complete a season sweep of the Cowboys, but our standings in the pick'em pool suffered the worst. I am sinking like a stone and my chances of ever winning a week seem to get more remote every Tuesday. My wife is still doing significantly better than me but has slipped a bit in the overall standings as well. We are starting to seriously hate "The Spread".

Which of course just means this is a rebuilding year (which I didn't even know you could have for gambling hobbies, but apparently yes) and I can't wait for a clean start next year to do some real hustling.

No comments:

Post a Comment