Tuesday, April 16, 2013

After the marathon

I have a complicated relationship with Boston. The sports rivalries (Yankees/Red Sox, Giants/Patriots) give me plenty of reason to rag on the city. But my Little Bro went to college there, and a lot of my good friends from college ended up doing post-grad work there, which gave me ample opportunities to visit and collect good memories of the place. Not that that stopped me from writing and selling a gaming supplement article a few years back in which I outlined the nature of violent, drug-dealing gangs of fantasy monsters operating out of a post-apocalyptic Boston.

My relationship with senseless real-world violence is much simpler, in that I hate it. And just as simply, my heart goes out to the victims and everyone affected yesterday.

P.S. Mad props (as always) to Patton Oswalt: Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment