Monday, January 7, 2013

Non-optimal

This past weekend was kind of a blur which started out pleasantly enough with a trip into the city to have brunch with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (kind of a belated Christmas get-together) on Saturday morning, but quickly descended into madness as I went out to get one flat tire on my car repaired and was informed in no uncertain terms that all four tires needed to be replaced before I became a hazard to myself and everyone else on the road within a three-car radius.

So that took unexpected hours out of my afternoon, and pushed everything else (weekly grocery shopping, housecleaning, mind-meltingly exciting stuff, I know) onto Sunday’s to-do list. And it all got done eventually, so it was from a very pragmatic viewpoint a successful weekend all in all …

… but man oh man, something I ate at some point over the weekend lodged itself very disagreeably in my gut and kept me up half the night last night. I managed to drag my carcass out of bed when the alarm went off and, despite moving very gingerly through my ablutions, caught my regular train and made it to work, where everything has settled into very standard-issue non-holiday tedium once again. Probably a fortunate thing as far as I’m concerned, as I can just sit here quietly with my head lowered over my ostensible work and concentrate on not feeling so great (lame, but I’m still trying to conserve as much leave time as possible after the Great Flu Trials of Late ’12) until it’s time to go home.

In other words, it’s the day I normally blog about work stuff but there’s not much going on around the office and I’m not exactly on top of my game to creatively work around that, so I’m taking a mulligan on this post and I will return with more scintillating subject matter tomorrow. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment