Friday, January 20, 2012

Unbegun

"Begun" and "finished" are opposites, and yet "unbegun" and "finished" do not mean the same thing at all.

Sorry for the non sequitur but it's about the best my brain can manage at the moment. All I'm thinking about is how glad I am that this week is just about over. It started out well enough with a federal holiday but since then its been a sick little guy, unplanned days off from work that proved maddening in how little I managed to accomplish with them, a long day finally back at work trying to make up for leave time I didn't really have in the first place, and then late last night yet another unfortunate incident which will necessitate a considerable amount of Professional Home Repair. (Said incident - which I will elaborate upon after putting some temporal distance between myself and it, as is my wont - has nothing whatsoever to do with the last two recent major incidents involving the dishwasher leak/floor warping/hardwood replacement and the HVAC near death/replacement. I'm honestly not sure whether to be relieved or appalled.) Trying to shift mental gears from stewing over the constant stream of cruddiness and into summoning forth some kind of amusing anecdote has proven untenable. Hence, the week is all but finished, which is good, yet the weekly blog capper remains unbegun, which ... well it's annoying but I suppose it's not the end of the world.

Zen-tinted
If I were a meditatin' man I might try to take advantage of this opportunity of circumstance, wherein I find myself not contending with an endless flow of boisterous thoughts, and just fully empty my mind in order to ... do whatever it is you're supposed to do with a mind emptied of thoughts. I've never really gotten the hang of it, obviously. But more than likely I'll just seek the solace of pizza and a bottle of wine with my wife tonight and try to do what I can over the weekend to set up a more positive week come Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment