Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A comic character rebus

Trendy!
It Girl, from The Atomics (AAA Pop, Dark Horse Comics and Image Comics)

Rocket-tastic!
Supergirl, from the Superman family (DC Comics)

Cowgirl up!
Arizona Girl, from Wild West (Marvel Comics)

IT + S + A + GIRL

Or so we think! My wife went in for the 20 week ultrasound this morning and the results were semi-conclusive. The umbilical cord running right between the legs prevented a clear and definitive imaging of our baby-to-be's sex, but on the other hand, there wasn't a "check it out I'm totally a boy!" moment like we had with the little guy. The sonogram-operating professional in attendance said she was inclined to believe it was a girl (which my wife's maternal intuition is beginning to suggest more and more as well), and offered to check again at a future appointment. I'd put the odds at about 75%, which means that if I'm going to include three pictures of girls I should include a fourth to represent the 25% uncertainty. Preferably something androgynous with an air of mystery about it.

?????
You guys, comics are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment