Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to work

I still remember how to tie the ol’ business-noose, despite not needing to wear a necktie since February 4th, and thus I find myself back at the office today with things more or less back to normal. Yesterday the office was closed for the Presidents’ Day holiday, and by sundown I felt a little bit guilty about kicking back on the government’s dime and yet shirking my patriotic duties by failing utterly to buy either a new mattress or a new car. Then I remembered that we had gone to brunch at Cracker Barrel and my son had picked up and immediately bonded with a candy dispenser shaped like a blue convertible being driven by Mr. Potato-Head. And we bought it for him, partly for his amusement and partly because my wife was interested in the off-brand Runts (Ronts?) within, which are an Extreme Choking Hazard for our little one, but luckily he couldn’t care less and just wants to push the car around and go “bbbrrrrrmmm!” So, new (plastic toy) car FTW!

ROAD TRIP!!!
Insane amounts of actual work to catch up on here at the office, though, so a placeholder post will have to do for today. Normalcy is reasserting itself, though, rest assured. (Cue ominous gathering of blizzard clouds in 3 … 2 …)

No comments:

Post a Comment