Monday, March 9, 2015

More of the same

So Thursday, as mentioned, was a snow day. Friday the office re-opened but I stayed home because my wife was dreadfully ill. She didn't need me to nursemaid her per se, all she really needed was the freedom to spend most of the day reclining and preferably unconscious. But since Friday is normally a day home from daycare for the little kids, and this Friday was an elementary school holiday as well (for some unknowable reason), it fell upon me to stay home and keep the children alive and happily distracted away from their recuperating mother. Mission more-or-less accomplished.

The weekend proper went by quickly, with my wife heroically going in to work her shift on Saturday morning despite still not feeling 100%. Fortunately she was more herself by Saturday night, just in time for the little girl to succumb to a stomach virus once again, or possibly a relapse of an earlier one, who knows. On Sunday my wife took the little guy to a swim lesson that had already been postponed twice due to weather, while the little girl spent almost the entire day napping on the couch, poor little thing.

Still, we made it through, and this morning for the first time since last Wednesday I returned to the office. I knew, rationally, that everyone had the day off last Thursday, but there was a tiny part of me hoping that maybe, juuuuuuust maybe, there had been some movement on the contract front last Friday and I would come in to good news this morning. Or any news, really, since it's the not knowing that kills me.

But no, in case anyone else was wondering, still nary a word about the fate of our team engagement here. Fourteen more working days until everything expires. Contracting is not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment