Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Aware of the date

I do, of course, realize that today is April Fools' Day, and for the fifth consecutive year I am doing nothing awesomely meta with the blog in observance thereof, despite the fact that I am, in general theory and passive practice, a big fan of the concept. I did, for what it was worth, try to warn my kindergartener son last night that at school today people (even his teachers!) might try to play tricks on him, and then say "April Fools!", but that it's all in fun. I saw him briefly this morning, though, and he was having a pretty groggy prima aprilis so I don't think he'll remember. Ah well.

Today is also my half-birthday, no joke. I'll be forty afore ye know it! Perhaps you might be thinking that in my incipient senescence I had forgotten all about how I was supposed to be doing something along these lines to mark the occasion. Nope, haven't forgotten, it's just been unavoidably delayed (though I've been doing bits and pieces behind the scenes that may yet make it possible for me to catch up and pull it all together in the end - stay tuned!)

And it's the day of the Yankees' season opener, which makes it officially baseball season! I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge and appreciate that my wife took special pleasure in telling me last night that the Orioles had won their campaign starter, which she knew would make me happy because the team they beat was the Boston Red Sox.

Clearly, though, the main thing I want to talk about today is last night's series finale of How I Met Your Mother, which I will do in its own separate post; I just wanted to zip through all of the other various bits of significance floating around at the moment before diving into that. Hence all of the above. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment