Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Low Input = Low Output

I’m afraid I am still in low content mode, although I did return to the office today. Not for a normal day, of course. School was cancelled again today, and with the snow not tapering off until the wee hours of the night, the plows did not make their neighborhood rounds until well after the sun came up (whereas, incidentally, I got layered up and went out and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk shortly after the sun came up; fortunately the plow did not re-block the driveway when it passed by). My wife and I were both expected at work today, although in her case it was as-close-to-normal-schedule-as-possible, while I benefited from the federal government opening on a two-hour delay. So I waited at home for the babysitter, who also had to await the snowplows to clear her way, while my wife got on the road first, and by the time I could leave the trains were no longer running and I had to drive in. Traffic was lighter than usual at first, but got worse and worse the closer I got to the city, so we shall see how it goes in the back-home direction this afternoon.

In any case, obviously I did not watch anything or read anything on the commute today. Nor did I have any commute yesterday, thanks to the weather, or the day before that, thanks to the holiday. I did spend about six or seven hours in the car on Monday, just as I had on Saturday, making the roundtrip journey to my father’s house in Connecticut. No new entertainments for me on those legs of the trip, but I listened to the DVDs that were playing right behind my head for the kids’ benefit. (Eight episodes of Curious George, two viewings of How to Train Your Dragon, two consecutive full run-throughs of Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants, four episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the first Toy Story, and three episodes of the old 90’s Nick Jr. puppetshow The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.)

And of course last night Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a rerun so, all in all, source material for my usual Wednesday blogging fodder is pretty thin on the ground right now. I imagine things will return at least a bit closer to normal over the next week or so (second freakishly severe cold snap of the winter notwithstanding) but right now all I can do is acknowledge that I have had other more important things to worry about than movies, tv, books and comics. It does happen sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment