Sunday, June 17, 2012

WHEDON WEEK - Prologue

I have been meaning for a while now to devote a long stretch of posts to the works of Mr. Joss Whedon, who turns 48 years old this coming Saturday, June 23rd. Given my fondness for glomming onto significant dates and events, I’m officially embarking on WHEDON WEEK which should run through this entire week leading up to the big birthday, which should be some kind of high holy day in the geek calendar, I imagine. (Not that I think “48” has any mystical numerological significance, just to be clear. The birthday is big because it’s Whedon’s, not because of how many years it marks.)

I know I’ve already made much fuss over Whedon, between my obsessive posts about Cabin in the Woods, my weighing in (albeit briefly) on The Avengers, my occasional reminders that my wife and I are, in fact, re-watching every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and so on. But there remain depths of my fandom yet to be plumbed, some inspired by recent intake of his works and some which I meant to express a while back but failed to sufficiently carve out the time for. So this is a clearing of the decks, and likely the last massive outpouring of pro-Whedon agitprop until … I don’t know, I finish watching every episode of Angel, or Avengers 2 comes out, or something like that.

For what it’s worth, while I’m going to (try to) put up a Whedon-themed post every day, I will also probably throw in some other posts, too, so as not to fall behind on the chronicling of my family life and my other pursuits and so on. So consider this a heads up that on any given day there may actually be multiple posts, and if all this Whedonalia isn’t your thing, you still might find something more suited to your sensibilities if you scroll down a bit (or vice versa, if you’re only coming here for the Whedonalia). Or I might get exhausted and skip a day of posting entirely – we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment