Monday, September 26, 2011

Yay, sports

I’m staring down the barrel of a fully-loaded, five-day work week, and I once again have a non-negligible amount of actual work that I’m expected to do therein, but otherwise, really, there’s not much to report from the Big Gray …

This past weekend was quiet, too, with my wife working and me holding down the fort, but at least there was nothing to complain about in terms of the sporting diversions offered up along the way. The Michigan Wolverines won (and are now 4-0), the NY Giants and the Steelers both won, and were both on tv (and are both now 2-1), the Yankees took 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox (pretty much solidifying home field advantage through the playoffs for the Yanks and keeping the Sox in Circling The Drain mode with Tampa Bay making a charge for the wild card to keep Boston out of the post-season altogether, I dare to dream) – and the silver linings of the Yankees blowing the sweep in the 14th inning of the doubleheader’s game 2 late last night are as follows:

1, I was up anyway watching the Steelers/Colts game which surprisingly came down to the final drive
2, If the Yankees had swept the sports weekend would have been just about perfect, which would put undue pressure on the Monday Night Football game to somehow allow for both the Cowboys and the Redskins to lose in order to keep the streak alive

Their pain is my joy
I suppose I should also mention that after two strong weeks in the football pick’em pool which had me near the top of the heap and well-positioned to make a serious attempt at winning the season champ prize, Week 3 officially blew up in my face. Depending on how tonight goes, I could end up with a paltry 6-10 this go-round, which is pretty dreadful. But I ain’t mad or nothing. It’s just a game about a game at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment