Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Fiend Financial Folio

Random bit of free association today. I was looking at my online bank statement and saw a recent charge for an online takeout food delivery service. After a matter of seconds of staring at it I was able to parse the name of the service and the name of the restaurant from the unbroken string of characters, but for those first couple beats I genuinely thought GRUBHUBKABULKABOBHOUS must be the name of a minor demon from Dungeons & Dragons or something.

I'd like to say that denizens of the infernal planes of a roleplaying setting leapt to mind so readily because I've been running a campaign for my wife and kids for the past year and a half, but let's be honest here. It's mainly because I'm a geek down to the very core of my being, and I've always got one foot in the fantasy world, mentally at the very least.

GRUBHUBKABULKABOBHOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment