Friday, March 30, 2012

All Fool’s Eve

Right, well, technically I guess tomorrow would be the eve before April Fool’s Day, but either way the whole ha-ha-did-you-forget-we–changed-calendars-448-years-ago thing goes down this weekend and this would be my chance to comment on that, possibly by recollecting a random anecdote about some great April Fools prank of my wasted youth. The thing is, though, I really don’t have any anecdotes like that. At all. I like a good practical joke as much as the next easily-amused guy, I’m just not much at masterminding them.

Oh, what a fool believes.
I’m actually kind of bummed that April 1st falls on a Sunday this year, because usually that’s something I look forward to as a break from the monotony of the workweek. I mean, not that anyone in a government agency is really big into wacky hijinks to commemorate Hilaria. But since I spend eight hours a day at work in front of a computer, and the majority of that online, it’s at least moderately entertaining to see how many websites temporarily go surreal or try to pull off a plausible hoax or what have you. Between spring cleaning, yardwork and preparations for the little girl’s imminent birthday, I don’t foresee spending much time interwebbing on Sunday. And by April 2nd, all the jokes will have been packed away for another year. Ah, well.

But then again, who knows – maybe we’ll win the obscenely inflated $640-million-and-counting MegaMillions drawing tonight, and I can indulge in all the time-wasting I want this weekend, secure in the knowledge that anything I’m neglecting is something I can pay someone else to do later. Here’s hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment