Thursday, May 26, 2011

Good news is no news

My daughter is packing on the babyfat at an endearing rate, and my wife and I find cause for celebration every time we find a new dimple or roll decorating one of her joints.

My son has been skipping naps at daycare this week, but compensating by going to bed in an astonishingly compliant manner a little earlier than normal, which helps keep our interactions on the right side of the invigorating/exhausting divide.

So things are good although (or maybe because) there really aren’t any major developments to report. No medical scares or daredevil mishaps. No standout moments of innocent profundity that blow my mind, at least not any more than usual.

Meanwhile I’m dealing with some ridiculous administrative bureaucratic snafus at work related to my paternity leave and whether or not I’ll ever get paid again, so I’m a bit thin on brain cells which might normally be dedicated to composing a proper post. Things seem to be close to getting resolved, thankfully, so I should be back to normal soon.

JUST CUZ I CAN
Yiiiiiiip yipyipyipyipyipyipyip.

1 comment:

  1. BRRRRRRRRRRING!

    BRRRRRRRRRRRING!

    Yepyepyepyepyepyepyepyepyepyepyep.

    Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.

    Nobody celebrates when *I* accrue fat rolls. -sigh-

    ReplyDelete