Thursday, August 19, 2010

Countdown(s)

I have about twenty minutes left here at work today, a day which turned out to be insanely busy, with things coming at me from multiple directions almost non-stop. It never rains but it pours, round here.

I have one more day of work left this week, but it’s going to be more like a half day since I’m pretty well ahead on hours this pay period. It’s also Friday and I don’t have to wear a tie. So it almost doesn’t count as work at all.

Then I have one day, Saturday, to accomplish all the laundering and packing and shopping and various other bits and bobs of planning necessary to embark on weeklong trip to the beach. Of course I have to do this while solo-wrangling the little guy, as his mother has to work that day, but I’m fairly optimistic that he won’t be too terribly, destructively opposed to my efforts. (And if he is, I’ll concentrate all my efforts into the naptime and post-bedtime windows of opportunity.)

And then, finally, I’ll really truly be on vacation, because the getting there counts, too. And if the checklist I have to work my way down between now and then seems like a particularly non-epic subject for a post, rest assured that I’m doing so because it’s pretty much ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT RIGHT NOW.

The break, as they say, will be much-needed.

Parting thoughts tomorrow! (Maybe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment